Five Easy Steps to Destroying your Organization19 September 2014
I’m not much for five easy steps to do anything. But I do make one exception: here are five easy steps to destroying your organization. Any one will do.
- Manage the bottom line, as if you make money by managing money, rather than attending to products, services, and customers.
- Make a plan for every action: no spontaneity please, no learning.
- Move managers around so they can never get to know anything but management well--and kick the CEO upstairs (better to manage a portfolio than a real business).
- Hire and fire those human resources the way you buy and sell other resources.
- Do everything in five easy steps.
© 2014 Henry Mintzberg
I'm a writer of management books and this is a TWOG (Tweet2Blog) about lots more: What I really think. Every weekend, provocative fun in a page or 2.Twog
or straight to blog.